: Health Tip: Are You Getting Enough Potassium?
Posted October 20, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- Potassium is an essential nutrient that helps your body regulate blood pressure. Make sure you're getting the amount of potassium daily that's appropriate for you.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests these potassium-rich foods:
- Potatoes, both sweet and white.
- Beans, notably white beans, soybeans, lima beans and kidney beans.
- Dairy products, such as low-fat yogurt or skim milk.
- Fruit, particularly bananas, peaches, cantaloupe and honeydew.
- Fish, including halibut, cod, rockfish and yellowfin tuna.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.